Becoming a Work-Integrated Learning Employer
Help WilmU students experience the benefits of learning in a professional business environment.
What Are the Employer’s Responsibilities?
- Advise the Office of Work-Integrated Learning of your hiring decision.
- Host the students’ faculty advisor(s) for a site visit.
- Contact the Office of Work-Integrated Learning or faculty supervisor if any problems develop during the semester.
- Complete the Employer Evaluation Form that will be provided to you by the student during the last third of the semester.
- International students are valuable assets to any employers workplace. See Hiring International Students for Work-Integrated Learning to learn more.
When Can Students Work?
- Student work cycles coincide with our semesters and last approximately 15 weeks:
- FALL: September to December
- SPRING: January to April
- SUMMER: May to August
- Students will have the opportunity to complete 6-8 hours (internship, 15 weeks) or 10-15 (co-op, 30 weeks) hours of work experience per week. WIL positions are cultivated by both the Office of Work-Integrated Learning and students.
Post a Job for Work-Integrated Learning
We are not able to accept opportunities with home-based business/organizations.
Need some help writing a job description? See Writing Job Descriptions for Work-Integrated Learning for guidelines.
Use our electronic job board, Handshake to upload the job.
Alternatively, use our web form to submit your job posting.
* Requires a Handshake account. Contact Work-Integrated Learning for more information.