Official Student Withdrawals

If your enrollment terminates through official withdrawal and you are a recipient of Federal and/or state financial aid funds, your financial aid package must be reviewed. Federal programs are as follows: College Work-Study Program, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Pell Grant, Academic Competitiveness Grant, National Smart Grant, TEACH Grant, Stafford Student Loan, and the Parent/Supplemental Loan Program.

Your financial aid eligibility is based upon your cost of education (e.g., tuition, mandatory fees, room, board, books, and miscellaneous expenses). This cost of education represents actual costs incurred for the entire semester and is contingent upon your completion of that semester. When you officially withdraw, your cost of education must be recalculated to determine the amount of title IV aid you earned based on the amount of time you remained in classes. Unearned Title IV funds must be returned to the Title IV programs.

Federal regulations require that the institution return monies due to the Title IV Financial Aid Programs within forty-five days from the school’s determination that the student withdrew or dropped out. This computation may result in a reduction in your financial aid. The amount of funds to be returned is determined by specific refund formulas and the Return of Title IV Policy. The University's procedure for withdrawal is to notify the Office of the Registrar in writing, and by filling out a withdrawal form. Please see the Withdrawal Policy for further details.

Failure Due to Attendance

If your enrollment terminates and you fail to adhere to the official withdrawal policy and deadline, and you are receiving Federal Title IV funds, your financial aid award and disbursement will be reviewed under the Return of Title IV Policy and subject to possible reduction of federal aid.