Accounting M.S. Admission
For consideration and admission to the Master of Science in Accounting program, applicants must submit:
- A Completed Graduate Application
A $35 non-refundable application fee is required.
- Official Transcripts, reflecting the following:
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
Official Transcripts may be sent electronically or by mail, directly from the school of attendance, in a sealed envelope to:
Any transcripts from institutions outside of the United States require an official course-by-course evaluation by a NACES.org approved agency.
Note: In order to receive financial aid official transcripts must be on file.
- Program Planning Conference
To schedule your Program Planning Conference with your Program Advisor complete an Online Request form.
- Register for MAC 7100 as your first course
All documents required for admission should be uploaded into your Admissions Portal.
Students who have met the admission requirements are advanced to degree candidacy after completing four courses with a minimum GPA of 3.0, provided they have:
- Completed Intermediate Accounting I (Wilmington University BAC 201 or equivalent) and Intermediate Accounting II (BAC 202 or equivalent) with a grade of "C" or better. Note that BAC 201 requires completion of BAC 101 and 102 (or equivalent).
- Completed three credits of undergraduate finance with a grade of "C" or better (Wilmington University FIN 305 or equivalent). Students may complete Wilmington University MHR 7830 Finance and Accounting for Managers to meet this requirement.
- Submission of all required admissions documents, including an official undergraduate transcript.
Students who have not completed all of the above requirements prior to completing 12 graduate credits will not advance to candidacy status. Students who do not meet the candidacy requirement will be unable to register for additional classes until they meet with a program chair and agree on a plan of action ensuring student’s successful completion of the M.S. in Accounting candidacy requirements.