Wilmington University is committed to the safety and wellness of every student. The University is devoted to cultivating an atmosphere of learning, respect, and social responsibility. Hazing in any form is unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated. Hazing is any activity expected of someone joining or participating in a group that humiliates, degrades, abuses, or endangers them regardless of a person’s willingness to participate. Any report of hazing should be reported to the Office of Student Affairs.
Some examples of hazing activities include, but are not limited to:
- Any form of mental or physical abuse;
- Participation in drinking games;
- Drink large amounts of alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages to the point of getting sick;
- To randomly sing or chant in public that is not related to an event or activity, but to bring humiliation to self or members of the group;
- Associate with specific people and not others;
- Sleep deprivation;
- Endure harsh weather conditions without appropriate clothing;
- Wear clothing that is embarrassing and not part of a uniform;
- Be screamed, yelled at, or cursed at by other members.