Groupwork in Canvas
What are groups in Canvas?
Groups serve as mini-courses within a larger class, facilitating collaborative efforts among students on group projects and assignments. Typically comprising three to four students, these groups offer a platform for collective work and shared learning experiences.
How to initiate virtual group work?
If your teacher has set up groups in your Canvas course, follow these steps:
- Click the "People" link on the course menu to view the other students in your group
- Click the "Groups" tab
- Click the "Visit" link to access your group. Learn more about how to interact with your Canvas Group.
Guidelines for Facilitating Virtual Group Collaboration:
- Initiate Communication: Reach out to your group promptly to coordinate a meeting time.
- Collaboration Method: Unless instructed otherwise by your teacher, decide as a team on your preferred mode of collaboration.
- Zoom Online Meeting Platform: Utilize Zoom for its convenience, as all students have access to it through their accounts.
- Meeting Setup: Utilize your Zoom account to schedule and organize meetings, considering recording options for absent group members.
- Divide Responsibilities: Adopt a divide-and-conquer approach, assigning each member a specific task within the project.
- Communication Channels: Maintain open lines of communication with your instructor, seeking clarification or addressing any concerns that arise throughout the process.