Earn your degree faster! Wilmington University may accept up to 90 transfer credits to be applied toward your bachelor’s degree.

How to Order Military Transcripts

If you have military credits you would like to apply toward your Wilmington University degree, you'll need an official transcript. Visit the Joint Services Transcript website to request an official copy of your transcript.

Army Ignited Process

Your first step is to contact your Education Office for assistance with getting started. You may also review information for TA by visiting ArmyIgnitED at:

Update – Aug 1, 2022: The Army has determined that the Army Ignited portal will no longer be used for requesting TA’s as of Fall 2022. We will continue to submit all course registration and grades through Summer 2022 for soldiers to create TA’s. We are waiting on confirmation of processes for submitting student information for the Fall 2022 term and forward. Please contact your Army Education Center for further information.

The Army IgnitED portal is now active for all tuition assistance. WILMU is no longer utilizing the ETP (exception to Policy) system for tuition. Soldiers must use the Army IgnitED portal to request their benefits and perform other education-related functions.

Soldiers can enroll in classes on their own (using the WILMU portal) Once enrollments are confirmed in the college registration system, they should provide the following data to our third party ( Required data includes:

  • Soldier’s full name (first, middle, and last) and rank
  • Soldier’s WILMU ID Number
  • Class name (Example: CST 100, Principles of Public Speaking; BIO 141, Human Anatomy and Physiology I)
  • Class Term and Block

WILMU will place coverage on the student accounts which will prevent restrictions if TA payments are not received from the Defense Department prior to the term payment deadline. Please note that this is not a guarantee of payment or coverage. If the Department of Defense denies payment, the student is financially responsible. Other military branches have their own systems for requesting and approving tuition assistance. Members of the Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard using TA should follow normal procedures for accessing those benefits.

If a soldier chooses to use VA benefits and TA through Army IgnitED, they must notify us immediately at WILMU must maintain compliance in updating certifications with the VA, which will affect stipends. WILMU is not responsible for any debt incurred due to overpayments.

Soldiers with questions are asked to reach out to their designated Army Education Center for counseling support regarding Army IgnitEd processes. Please note that Soldiers also have access to a “Support” tab in their Army IgnitED account where they can access How to Guides.

Ready to Get Started?